Pelandan Souls

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_X9NW_QsqJRpXJ1jkpLRb2mYRM0-eR5qQtRlXMc_6je6eLu1dPHS93Go5tbQc4dGSogwwv5>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:23:16 +0100

At Tentacles, Greg mentioned in passing that the Pelandans have six-part souls, like the Dara Happans, but the parts are different from the Dara Happan parts. The Orlanthi soul parts (Sartar book, page 17) are Air, Earth, Darkness, Water and Fire. The Dara Happan soul parts (ILH2 page 33) are Soul, Intellect, Animation/Life, Body/Physical, Gender/Reproduction, Shadow. The Lunars add Septessence.

But what are the Pelandan soul parts?

I guess they will be somewhat similar to the Darra Happan parts. I note that there are seven Pelandan High Gods, one of which Jerontia/Jerontius, is actually a mystic practice; that suggests to me that each soul part corresponds to a High God, with Jerontia/Jerontius corresponding to Septessence.

My guess would therefore be the following.

1) air, animation/life?, Entekos
2) intellect, light, Idovanus
3) gender, reproduction, sex, Uleria
4) body, physical, Bentus