Re: Hsunchen Was: Animist magic [was: Changed magic in 2nd and 3rd Age]

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_783p-78qPOlV6ZELgKafBpZrNYPG7lkTIixIgqk8pkgYdniARMmBE8JdbpcpE6pGflNQ8>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:09:31 -0000

It really does fit in with their entire motif and myth cycles. However, most spirits aren't reintegrated as they practice the more common forms of animism too but it appears that recovering their lost Green Age completeness/innocence remains a central focus to their beliefs.

> So the lima bean warriors at
> <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/umathela/> (towards the
> bottom) are actually hsunchen? An amusing idea, though I wouldn't be
> surprised if they're really aldryami -- or something purely
> Otherworld.
> --
>
> David Dunham
> Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html

Oh no! It was the vile Lima Beans that did the breaking of noble hsunchen into their broken state with their foul taste and induced flatulence. Lima Bean Hsunchen? Preposterous! Might as well expect Fox hsunchen something equally silly.

Jeff