Re: Runes of the Oronin Valley

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_sgjJQ4_UHD0CgRC84-EJqo6u6ySbkltJLXkHRRe3C3r72Tk4sA3BcYXK-im0TNKk30q>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:20:35 -0400

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM, David Dunham<david_at_iAKk6AEAGtNLqxMjqQUT5g4myFCTwioVZX9dvzaKOHsjouo9E6cXla7lYn-E06_cuFlmuDHC8AQCPEU3.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Kevin
>
>>What I am trying to get at with Sky is Virtue, and that Dendara (In
>>Pelanda Entekos and Dendara are synonymous) is a planetary body in
>>addition to being the goddess of good weather. Any suggestions for a
>>better way to handle it? Air is actually the greater problem since
>>Entekos isn't unruly, violent, etc.
>
> Doesn't she control the air through which she can be seen? That is,
> cloudless skies? She could well have a few air abilities accessed
> through one of her other runes (like Sky), the way Barntar farms
> through Air rune.

Greg's Enclosure article article says Entekos is the "Goddess of the Air, sometimes specifically the pleasant summer season. She rules over Doburdun and Rafelstora, god of thunder and goddess of rain, Wallndum, god of Winter, and some other lesser spirits." (Note that this entry is solely for Entekos, not including Dendara) Maybe she controls the above sub-cults through Sky?

Dendara is also said to be the source of the Spolite Gloom, "Indeed, Dendara had summoned clouds to protect the people from the overbearing rays of Yelm, and the land was cast in shadow."

It's a conundrum.

-Kevin McD