Re: Esrolian agricultural deities

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_uuYAP_gHB1QIPEPkmGLFGcHoeCf9PsNfYKCV0OnvqjeFkKQYrQgriQuP3WeJpbyTTG>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:18:03 +1000

2009/8/3 Jeff Richard <richaje_at_fiLtv_m4K-LvIobiRDkUXxL7G0_sACrxRP99RbujHSBxO0RNwe7qJzRm4heoXCkCfzUegb8I0A.yahoo.invalid>:
> BTW, there are many war gods who serve the goddess (and the Grandmothers).
> These are called the Noble Brothers and include:
> Deresagar, a son of Argan Argar
> Nolerianmar, a son of Elmal
> Harasarl, a son of Orlanth
> Helamakt, a son of Orlanth
> Kalavan, a son of Veskarthan
> Tenderos, the Copper Warrior, and
> Tersh, the Archer
>
> Does this help at all?

Yep, ta.

I did wonder if there were any watery Noble Brothers - or does Helamakt do double-duty in that regard?

I'd gotten the impression that Esrolian politics had "alliances" that supported certain "Husband Protectors" over others so I had thought that perhaps men in Esrolia might be associated with a variety of elemental runes: water for the coastal peoples, fire for the southern peoples, etc.

And: an "Orlanthi" archer god. Neat!

--
John Machin