Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_MMUHAt2RpubNIxx5DmVfxqL2m48skdDg7gNsJ6gBaRq9C0Y48JuySbW_0udk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:07:46 +0000 (GMT)

Whilst I don't think Wales is quite mountainous enough to be like Sartar, Wales and West Virginia do have a certain amount in common:

Quaint accents
Tradition of folk music
Tradition of coal mining
A population which seems to use only about 15 different surnames
Though West Virginia isn't into rugby, and I don't know how popular sheep are in West Virginia.
Thinking back to an earlier post, in some ways Wales might be more like southern New Zealand. (Though they're not as successful with their rugby).
Richard Hayes

From: Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_T3pE8Lj38PiWTY63vUCJsSk48h9qYDn3ScRF2aVbAhfnBRif1q0E4Q5YFZ2ViP5tBUTHoPjH.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird? To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 4:38 PM

> Sorry, but Sartar has very little topographically in common with Wales and much less settled than Wales. Snowdon would be simply one of the foothills in much of Sartar (about the same height as the Starfire Ridges if I recall). If you want an European area for comparison, look at the Tirol or Südtirol.
>
> The map in Sartar will make this rugged topography very evident.
>
> Jeff

That is pretty much what I was thinking based on the sheer changes in elevation. Sounds more like the areas I was working in in Turkey. Or West Virginia.

Jeff

Yahoo! Groups Links