Re: Homosexuality in Glorantha

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_N16gHzS6gZk21T7Z9VLrVO7PL3vC1b15Rumy4TbKHVh7wuC5bJfQ6CNy_B3bIJybh>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:31:06 -0700

YGWV On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM, markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_yeW1P6R6bLRe96-4SYMjvARC-_av4SwV7sxQehoX2w7mHL5mAuUViyVPA4KgfjaQNIWUKxCN6w4xShFLUANocr4.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> Sandy Petersen once posted his beliefs about various Gloranthan cultures
> attitudes towards homosexuality on the old Gloranthan mailing list.

I was not active on any lists in those days.

A quick search turned up this. I believe his opinion of the Orlanthi
> attitude has since been contradicted.

And I could correct all the others as well. Do I need to, one by one, in print? Should I?

I'm sharing *my *experience and insight of Glorantha. I know what I know, and always have the authority of canon.

And will again vouch publicly that Sandy is #2 for having revealed things, even though I disagree with some his interpretations. (Jeff R is catching up, and each is except in their own special field). If Sandy and I had always worked side by side as in the old days, I am sure that there would have been 100% agreement between us on this, and probably have fancy anthropological-like maps for the distribution of both formal same-gender marriage rights and regions in which such relations are frowned upon.

Hey, we could cite terrestial sources and science but Anthropologists could discover attitudes similar to mine or Sandy's samples, and in our world without a doubt each could turn up some culture somewhere exactly like these to prove it. Both each and every time, conclusively, an both as certain as science and sociology and the anthropologist's personal bias can make it.

Which is *why *YGWV.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer