Re: Preorders for buying Sartar Kingdom ofHeroes at Dragonmeet 2009!

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_ziKjk60-T8jIOz6jamTuq1RZORhsX_se_Ph3D0_wZTCYwOeOmZvct7cC6B1bZI_9cPI0Ekd>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:21:15 +0000

That's probably being distorted by the low volume of sales for an English language product in a German speaking country. The current exchange rate is just nosing at $1.50 to the Euro.

I think the problem is that while E50 is a fair reflection of the printing costs, the very strong Euro and weak pound (and dollar) make what should be an essential 'get people back in' product a very expensive niche publication.

Compare for example the old Moon Design reprints: $60 for a hardcover 'Borderlands and Beyond', slightly fewer pages, but hard cover balances that out. A much more attractive purchase than $75 for a soft cover.