Re: Sources for Heortling justice.

From: teeeterry <tt_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:58:27 -0000

Thanks Peter and Charles.
I'll have a look Satar, kingdom of Heros, but I did not find anything about this browsing the index before I posted. I'll look again.

The heroes have not been charged yet, but they are suspected of having performed a God Learner spell. My guess is that this is a capital crime if they are charged and found guilty. The Greeting has been performed, and information that lead to the suspicion has come up after the Greeting. They are not suspected of having done this right now, at the clans tula, but since this is such a serious crime (against `everything'?) the priests view it as a moral/magical obligation to punish them if they really have performed God Learner magic.

I'm thinking that the nature of the crime is so serious that the Greeting does not stop the priests from pursuing this. I'm not sure how that will work out for the local clan though. Punich the offenders and risk problems since they have performed the Greeting, and then pay weregeld afterwards to make up for their own offense?

They are currently in Holy Country, just inside the northern border of Heortland.

The heroes don't not really pose a serious threat, so the local clan will more than likely be able to punish or extract fines as they see fit.

-Terry