Re: Sources for Heortling justice.

From: Charles <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:14:37 -0000

Your Glorantha May Vary

If the heroes cast a spell, without permission, on a member of the clan where they have hospitality, then they can be accused of breaking hospitality and thrown out. Otherwise if priests (outside the clan) suspect them of nefarious activities then it is just one of those random accusations which the clan should help defend against.

If one or more of those priests is a clan member then it gets more interesting. The clan are obliged to defend the heroes against random nonsense so the priest will have to make a case to the chieftain and his ring that hospitality should be lifted. If the priest is a pompous ass that spends minimal time for clan obligations, stays most of the time at a tribal or city temple and only came back to get at the heroes, then he may find that the clan backs the guests (effectively temporary clan members) against him.

Remember that the role of a priest in Orlanthi society is often more of a political position than a religious position (though often they are both).

I suspect that many (most) Orlanthi believe that that some/most/all God Learners were chaotic. Casting a chaotic spell _is_ a capital crime. But proving that the heroes cast a chaotic spell may be more difficult. Maybe a Bullman could be called in to detect a chaotic taint?

Another possibility is that the priests may decide that it will hurt them more to persue this while the heroes are guests of a clan. So they will try to ensure that they find out when the heroes leave the clan and then attack them.