Sources for Heortling justice.

From: teeeterry <tt_at_DS5-Qs-Ovk0L6lOeJIMwkepDuL1UCvUdt3dAeROUELrjCB1iO-C6S0IP-XZQ2SVlcg.yahoo.>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 22:16:43 -0000

I'm looking for any good sources about Heortling justice. I've found some useful information in Thunder Rebels, but I'd like more details if it has been published.

In case there is not much material to go on I'll also ask some specifics related to my current campaign. Our heroes are Orlanthi Heortlings from central/eastern Heortland. They have traveled north outside their tribal area and are now around the border between Heorland and Sartar. Now they may be faced with criminal charges by local Orlanthi. How does this work? They have no clan to support them. Any fines ( or weregelds but they have not killed anyone yet) cannot be paid by the clan since they are not here. Will the local clan send for someone in the hero's home clan? Will the local clan simply treat them as outsiders? They are actually still in Heortland – does that make any difference? Or does the fact that they are still in the realm of the god king make a difference (the local clan may respect the king)?

Any input on these questions?
Thanks,
-Terry