Broo - Predator/Prey Relationship

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:33:25 +0800

Are Broo Herbivores?

If they are then, in Prax, they should have relatively common population explosions as I would assume vegetation would be easy to access. All they would need are 5-10 years of good climatic conditions to provide food.

I would assume there would be less chance of this if they were carnivorous.

Any biologists out there would care to comment?

Broos natural predators could only be Praxian Nomads surely. After Moonbroth 1612, there was a great reduction in Praxians so maybe 5-10 years after that we are looking at significant broo strength - if they can evade the influx of Sable Tribes. The loss of so many Nomads would have reduced protection of their tribal animal enabling lothario broos to drop by and "Carry off" their conquests. Lord Raus would have increasing problems with this creature as he expands during this period.

I presume similar happens in Dorastor with cyclical explosions of broo heading into Bilini and others. Does anyone know the cycle of theses invasions?

Been reading Book 13 of the Wheel of Time (the penultimate read) which has Hundreds of thousands of Trollics (in essense a broo) pouring out of the wastes.<to shatter against the Walls of Pavis>

Sean