Re: The Flooding of Prax, and about draconic rivers.

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:03:54 +0000

On 20 Mar 2013, at 21:56, jorganos <joe_at_...> wrote:

> > Looking at the new mythological maps, the answer is quite clear: Prax is not named and the area is part of the Garden, it would form the coastal strip. Tada's land appears mid-storm age.
>
> Which coastal strip? On the Kerofinelan side, or on the far side?

There are two sides, the western side is the island of the Vingotlings with Kero Fin on it. The eastern side is Genert's Garden. The western coastal strip of Genert's Garden is where Prax will be eventually.

> We know that Tada was resident and established in the lands east of Kerofinela when Vingkot became king of the Orlanthi. That's fairly middling in the Storm Age.

That area is called Tada's Land.

> Ok, so you make a distinction between Prax and Tada's Land.

I don't, the map does, there is no Prax, only Tada's Land.

> >> Neither tapirs nor bison really fit into a serengeti setting like Prax.
>
> > That is post chaos, the Garden could have it all.
>
> Sure. The Garden stretched all the way to North Pent, and had all kinds of ecological niches. Sort of proves my point that the Beast Riders were immigrants to Prax, following Storm Bull towards his battle with Wakboth (in a respectful distance).

The Garden didn't have ecological niches, it was a magic place in a magic time. Ecology has no place in Genert's Garden.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433