Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:53:30 -0000

Glass notes:

> Waha is "occasionally less popular than some religions
> among the peoples."
>
> What are those religions and when were they so popular?
> How did they come to Prax and where are they now?
>
> The text suggests EWF and the more recent Lunar incursion
> as defeats for the cult of Waha. (Presumably Pavis stayed
> in the city.) Are these the occasional eclipses of Waha worship?

I think that there is a great degree of religious diversity among the Praxians. Sometimes, one of the otherwise-lesser cults has a break-out moment, where they correctly predict some important event and lead the Praxians in a fervent response. In the Hero Wars, the White Bull society becomes and example. I would say that when the Praxians rode with Sheng Seleris, there would have been some similar events. Depending on your view of Jaldon, you might say that the Jaldon that led Praxians to their death in Dragon Pass was one such. When someting like this rouses the Praxians, that's when the neighbors should be wary.

I don't think that Praxians usually end up following the religions of Outlanders who invade. Their ability to run away from invaders means that their cultural interaction is somewhat limited. Likewise, the fact that they move around a lot limits extended periods of friendly interaction with specific clans. And only the Lunars seem to have made any significant attempts to convert Praxians (though we know to little about their interactions with Sheng).

Chris