Re: God Time

From: Tim <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:07:28 -0000

I think the Tales of King Arthur make a reasonably good analogy. We know there are some events that must have happened "early on", and we know there are some that occurred "late on", but most of them occurred sometime during "God Time"/"The reign of King Arthur", and even if they involve the same characters, we don't know, or need to know, the order in relation to one another.

It doesn't matter whether Gawaine fought the Green Knight before or after his brother appeared at court as Beaumains, or before or after Beaumains became Sir Gareth, or whether Sir Gareth was at court when Sir Tristram went to Ireland. The tales of Sir Gareth (Beaumains) and Sir Breunor (La Cote Mal Taille) are similar, but it is irrelevant to either whether the other one has already happened...