Re: Lunar Chaos Figthing Cult

From: drscience3000 <dr.dave.00_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:27:57 -0000

> Lunars accept Chaos as a Principle. There are good and bad chaotics, in the same way as good and bad humans. Bad ones that harm the empire should be rooted out, in the same way as bad bandits or Orlanthi must be rooted out.
>
> I don't see the "healed/unhealed" chaos as being a particularly >goof argument, as Lunars accept Chaos.

Well, I don't want to revisit the concept of healed chaos. All I can say is that it makes perfect sense to me. But whether you talk about "unhealed" chaos, or "chaos that is breaking the law" or chaos that isn't controlled (as different posters have described it), there needs to be some sense of chaos is "OK" and chaos that "isn't OK".

As the Intro the Hero Wars book says...
"Yet many Lunar heroes gained fame by killing vampires or smashing the slave heads of Thanatar. The awareness of the educated or sensitive concerning the proximity of chaos makes them acutely aware of their dire responsibilities."

> A cult has the view that "All of this kind of people is bad", as a
>religious view. It would be better to have local commanders take a
>view on whether the chaos needs to be put down and then to use
>whatever resources are available.

I don't see that the cult listed says that "all" chaos is bad. It only described probably with chaos that is "unhealed", "breaking the the law", uncontrolled, or whatever and the desire to preserve the magics used to deal with it.