Inhuman King + Heal

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:58:16 +0200

Hi everyone,

Joerg on the Dragonewts :

> Arguing from the rules:
> Remember that Dragon Pass works in daily steps. That means, a
> dragonewt slain anywhere in the Pass will be reborn _the next day_ in
> its home city, and rush into battle again. Obviously this takes some
> major magical ability, which the Inhuman King embodies...

It's even better ! The newts come not the next day but they come instantly back at the rally round after their death (rule 16.5.2).

> Seriously, how quickly does a dragonewt mercenary individual reappear?

I see no reason why they should not appear on the same day back. This would be extremely fast but why not ?

Nick Brooke:

> > Still leaves unanswered the question of how the local dragonewts
> > are reborn without an Inhuman King. I had always understood the IK > > was necessary to dragonewts' rebirth, in Dragon Pass at least.

Peter Linton Tracy :

> I never understood it that way. They DN egg/rebirth is a seperate
> issue to the IK. Maybe it is a Dragon, not the IK that is neccisary
> for rebirth, and as Joerg suggested;

I would object to this. If it was the True Dragon who was neccessary for rebirth and not the Inhuman King this would be clear already in the days of DragonPass. And do you think Greg thought a True Dragon is only worth 8!-8-8-8 when Harrek is 20!!-00-6 ? It's clear that it was the Inhuman King then which was needed, why should it be something else now ? So I think Teleos' dragonewts still need an Inhuman King but he could assume any form he wishes (that's how I understand his powers). Perhaps he looks like one of the ordinary newts changing from time to time to another caste's appearance. Could then anybody see an Inhuman King ?

I have a problem with the spirit magic 'Heal' spell. If I look at sorcery I know exactly what 'Treat wounds' does. But what does 'Heal' ? If I break my leg for 3 points and I apply 'Heal' the for 3 points. What has happened ? Is my leg like new or something else ? Is there any inconvenience ? What if the broken leg was smashed ? Would every little piece of bone be perfectly arranged again leaving not even a scar ? If this was really the case 'Heal' would be always better the Treat wounds even with intensity 10 or more. Please help me out here !!!

Email : Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net
Homepage Telmori's Forest :
(it hasn't moved, it's just a shortcut)
http://home.pages.de/~Telmori's.Forest/

"And by the seventh day all Telmori knew that they should have no home in Sartar. Again man betrayed them. Not for the first time and certainly not for the last time..."