Re: Storm Pentans

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 98 19:52 MET DST

Peter Metcalfe

>if the Storm Pentans had existed in
>Sheng's Time, then why were they not noted as being in Sheng's forces
>by the Lunars or the Kralori?

I guess because they didn't make up large enough a part of the myriads of horsepeople to be noticable. When a smelly horse barbarian rapes your wife you hardly look out for his worship while you're tortured, do you?

I doubt that the Storm Pentans (provided they were a significant part of Sheng's host) were especially favoured by Sheng and his lieutenants. If you got a Pentan overlord for a part of Peloria or Kralorela, my bet is it would have been a Solar Pentan chieftain.

>>Storm Pentans would have been a minority before NoH, but that battle did
>>change the population numbers in Pent, didn't it?

>They are still a minority now AFAIK. If they were not present
>at NoH, then they would have subdued those tribes that had
>participated and lost.

Probably did, which is how they raised their numbers from insignificant 10% or less to now up to 30% of the Pentans apparent to outsiders.

>>BTW, is there a chance that "King West Wind" is the Sun Storm? To
>>Pentans, Storm and Sun need not be exclusive.

>That's a very good idea. The only problem so far is that Sun Storm
>is now awakened and quiescent in Bliss in Ignorance.

Sure. I was speaking of his worship in Pent, though - we know that Pentan "Yelm" and Dara Happan or Kralori Yelm aren't regarded the same way either.

>I could see a
>case for them worshipping the manifestation at Jankley Bore but I know
>too little of the Sun Storm Cult to make halfdecent statements about
>what the Sun Storm/East King Wind cult would be like.

Well, lets have a go at it when I'm back from Convulsion...