Re: Maniriamania

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 98 23:35 MET DST

Erik Nolander
> Ryzel (sp?). Fantastic! A dragonewt region which I never have heard of
> before! Does anyone have any info on this region?

To my knowledge, the information in Genertela Book is what has been published.

I don't know if Ryzel has dragonewt roads, and if it does, whether these extend (or extended once) towards Dragon's Eye.

Ryzel is notable in Genertela for being outside of the former EWF influences - even northern Ralios had EWF influences in the 2nd Age.

> It is not indicated
> on the Maniria map, but it seems to me that the Dragonewt rune on the
> southwestern coast would be it.

Probably the "capital" of the Ryzel Inhuman King.

I wonder whether there are dragonewt cities in the Mournsea, underwater or on islets.

> Also, the description mentions
> Slontolia, another region not on the map. Would this be the remnants
> of old Slontos that are implicated?

Practically all of Maniria west of Caladraland and south of Arstola Forest and Tarinwood was Old Slontos: Ramalia, Newcoast, and the Mournsea archipelagoes. In the Middle Sea Empire, Slontos was a Grand Duchy (Archduchy, or something like that) which had grown from a loose federation of city states (during the first Age) sometimes unified by a strong leader.

I note that the founders of Slontos were "primitive Entruli", i.e. close relatives of the Aramites and Harandings in Kerofinela/Kethaela, "civilized" early in the 2nd century by King Lalmor and the Vathmai accompanying the Theyalan missionaries.