Theyalan Weeks

From: Mikael Raaterova <amr_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:29:23 +0200

Hi everybody -

Thanks for the responses to my Yelmalio/Balazar question. They were illuminating. Especially the bit about the cult of Yelmalio/Dayzenerus being mystical.

BTW, what are the chances that Balazar was actually theyalan and hence a follower of Elmal? What are the chances that the influx of theyalans (fleeing the Red Moon) into the lands of Balazar during the 14th century rewrote the myths and legends and made Balazar (the man, not the land) theyalan or, rather, an Elmal worshipper?

Also, Balazar is said to have come from the 'northwest lands' in 1082. Anyone care to name those lands?

Re: the subject

We all know that Orlanth's Ring climbs the sky for seven days, and then is gone for seven days. This is reflected in the theyalan calendar with its opposed weeks.

But during what weeks is Orlanth's Ring visible and when is it not? Is this actually written down somewhere and i've just missed it?