Re: Gloranthan Trading in the Uk

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:05:07 -0800

>> In essence, this should let most europeans have a quick
>> and inexpensive way of signing up, without having to
>> worry about exchanging money.
>It's funny how you Americans have this tendency to confound UK with Europe.
>Pay in UKP without having to worry about exchanging money? I know there was
>a fuzion of currencies in this side of the ocean, but it wasn't into UKP.

Believe it or not, some of us Americans(well, I'm part Kiwi so...) do understand that. The thing is, most Europeans who will buy Issaries Inc products and join the GTA are in England. So Rick's statement is correct.

>If you're concerned with the currency issue, chose an European
>representative in the Euro zone. Maybe the Chaos Society. That way the only
>exchange that may have to happen is between UKP and Euros for the guys
>across the channel (not counting the Vikings, of course).

This does not mean the GTA isn't trying to find another ally in Europe (possibly France). It does mean GTA is smart enough to start with the larger populations and then move on to the smaller. It isn't ideal in any way, but with limited personel it is the wise business plan.

Eric Rowe
Wizard's Attic