military sciences

From: Philippe Bourgeois <bourp00_at_dmi.usherb.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 15:14:09 -0400

would any of you know of some good references on the gloranthan art of warfare, from the cost and methods of recruiting an army, the cost of keeping, general combat tactics. I don't know if there is glorantha-specific info about all this but i would be interested to find out. My guesses would be that loskalmi is like
renaissance style english cavalry(before the rifles), the lunars would akin to the
roman, the orlanthi to the celts, picts, vikings etc, and the nomads by the mongols. these description gives a good estimate but naturally don't include magic
in their tactics which can make a huge difference.

May the one invisible god bestows his light upon thee.

Philippe Bourgeois aka yarblek