The Firshala Myth (?)

From: Chris Bell <argrath_at_xsite.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:58:25 -0500

I'm preparing the Gloranthan section of my site, and I was wodnering if anyone could provide me on the extant material concerning the spirit known as Firshala who appears in Griffin Mountain. I only had been able to get my hands on AH's Griffin Island. (blech, retch) and haev my scant info about the fire-spirit from their. I created my own Shaman cult from the scant details contained therein, basically creating a small witch-cult for Orlanthi Hillwomen...My Firshalan fire-witches worship a minor fire deity who is the daughter of Lodril and Ernalda and provide dangerous fire powers to Orlanthi or Praxian women who are brave enough to follow her. In Godtime, my Firshala was a lover of Orlanth who rebelled against the Sky Gods and was one of the Burtae ("Young Gods".) I'm also getting ready an Odayla cult in RQ3 format which I think folks will like. When I get done writing it, "Two Thunders", where Shargash meets Orlanth (!), should be up on the site as well.

Any info from Griffin Mountain would be appreciated. It seems that my version of Firshala may be an appropriate cult for the wilds of Balazar as well.

By the way, is the word "Burtae" a Theyalan term, a God-Learner/Malkioni import word, or from another source?

Counting the days till Hero Wars hits the shelves...

Chris Bell