Re: Humakt's origins

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:59:20 -0500

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> David Cake:
> > > Around the Sunstop, a Fronelan Hero, who was called
> > > Humakt by his followers, invaded Brithos.
> > Humakt is Fronelan?
> Given that the Brithini claim Arkat's Father to be a barbarian warrior,
> there are few other places where he could have come from.

Actually, I thought that the story had him from the borderlands between Ralios and Seshnela. Admittedly, Western geography is not my strong suit, but the myth that I read had it that he left there for Sog City, and only later from Sog City went to Brithos.

Anyway, the Brithini think that everywhere but Brithini territory is just jumped-up monkey hsunchen (like everywhere south of Calais is just wogs), so "a barbarian warrior" isn't very good evidence for anyplace in particular. I expect it excludes the Vadeli Islands (they would have used even more invective if there), but anywhere else would be fair game.

> Given Greg's statements on a related matter, I'd say that Humakt
> was a Vingkotling God whose worship spread to Ralios during the
> Gods War and became known as Humath to the Galalinae there.

Can we have the original statement, please? Not that I dispute you. I would love for this to be true, therefore I doubt it, under the principle that the Perversity of the Universe (and especially Greg's Statements) Tends to the Maximum, and an unambiguous statement like this is too good to be true.