Uzrelia worship

From: Frusetta James <JNF990_at_st.aubg.bg>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:20:08 +200

"aelarsen" wrote:
> My take on it is that Uleria is a goddess of 'contageous fertility'.
> By worshipping with her priestesses, some of the priestess' fertility in
> transferred to the worshipper. Thus a man who wants to have children will
> go to a Ulerian and acquire fertility from her, which is then transmitted
> to his wife, or his crops, or livestock, or whatever.
> Seen in this light, Uz would probably be very interested in Uleria,
> since worshipping her might relieve the Trollkin Curse.

It could help increase pregancy rates, or increase the size of litters of trollkin. But you're still stuck with the problem that mom's "Pregancy Heroquest" to Kyger Litor can be bushwhacked by D'Wargon as normal (unless Uleria can somehow protect against him -- how affective is it to Seduce the Great Seducer himself?). And if you don't make the "PHQ," than the troll's children (and their children, etc.) will gradually lose their tie to the darkness rune and devolve into men. :( (This came up on the Digest about a year ago when I believe Sergio and I argued about it-- Greg eventually confirmed it, btw.)

Uleria might replace Korasting in pre-curse efforts to increase fertility to create uzuz after the Sorrow, but this probably doesn't help the specific problem (though it might have meant more, bigger and healthier uzko).