Re: Place Names

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:02:43 EST

In a message dated 12/8/99 7:40:29PM, you write:

<< Basically all the place names. What isn't fake Olde English (Swenstown),  fake Scandinavian (Jaranshold), or fake French (those Seshnelan areas) is  mundane (Barbarian Town), just plan silly (Nochet got its name when someone  asked if this city on the map had a name and Greg said "not yet"), out of  place (Christian's Bay), or plagiarized (mostly from Dr. Seuss—Prax,  Koromondol, though "Carmania" is a RW place name).

 Having nailed this thesis to the door, I stand prepared to defend it. >>

I have to agree with Martin, at least to some extent. It doesn't upset me much but I think it worth adding the 'place names named after playtesters for RQ2 and critics': Clint Bigglestone, Anders Swenson (bit like Swenstown) Steve Hender's Ruins Henderson, William 'Wilm's Church' Church, Ray 'Tourney Altar' Turney.

I expect we should have a Nick Brooke, a Metcalfeopolis, a Trotsky Mountain , David Black Forest and a Alexfergustown.

Keith N