Re: 4 levels; elitism

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:56:54 GMT

Martin Crim continues to have problems with his parts of speech:
> Of course you move between levels. Level 3 is the goal, however; doesn't
> mean you can't hit 1 and 2 also.

Not _the_ goal, but _a_ goal, and (apparently) _your_ goal. What we have here is a value-judgement about gaming style being applied willy-nilly to a) <Bryan Maloney's maiden aunt> rubbish </Bryan Maloney's maiden aunt> accepted and indeed 'much-loved' in some quarters aspects of Received Glorantha, as being insufficiently Tekumelian (doubtless not the preferred adjective, and guess how much I care...), and to b) piss on other people's games from a great height for seeming no reason at all other than the sheer 'joy' of doing so.

The point on 'elitism' I shall decline to reply to under the doctrine of 'handle explosive materials with care'. (i.e., if I did, I likely would.)

Slán,
Alex.