Re: Barbarian Words

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 16:20:52 EST

Well, I don't know if Tadaaki is confused yet, but I know I am. We've had three different explanations of the distinction between a weaponthane and a housecarl (a housecarl is a high class weaponthane / a weaponthane is a high class housecarl / there is no difference) and three different definitions of
'tula' (land occupied by a clan / collection of farmhouses / synonym of
'stead'). Now, in both cases I thought that the first definition I've listed
was the correct one, but regardless of what the actual answer is these look like a jolly good questions for the Orlanthi FAQ, so Jeff, assuming you're still Orlanthi expert and are actually reading this, be a good sport and add them.

Wesley Quadros:
<<According to the Genertela Book, the Maidstone mtns are in Loskalm; I think they are between Loskalm and Jonatela.>>

     They're in the Winterwood north of Loskalm, according to the map. Mind you, I got said 'familiar' when I meant 'allied spirit' in my last post, so I can't talk. In my case I'll blame it on all that cheap beer in the hospital social club this afternoon...

Hic!
Trotsky