Scorpionmen Questions

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:57:43 -0600

        I've got two questions regarding Scorpionmen, at least tangentially.
        1) How much is known/has been published about the Queendom of Jab?
I know that it was founded by Gagix Twobarb in the Footprint after she united 4 smaller queendoms. Is there anything else? It looks increasingly like my players are going to want to go there, so I'd better be prepared.

        2) When a Rune level character becomes an Illuminate, what happens to his/her Allied Spirit? Does it became Illuminated as well (seems unlikely)? Does it realize what has happened and leave? Does it remain ignorant until the Rune level does something obviously chaotic, like start manifesting chaos features or collecting Thanatari heads? What would happen to the Allied Spirit if it's Rune level unwent the Bagogi Ritual of Rebirth (finally the Scorpianman connection)? If the Spirit was in the body of an animal and got eaten during the Rebirth, would it come out as a Scorpionman?

        My player characters are tracking down a deranged Lhankor Mhyte, and I thought I would be interesting for them to discover that she's undergone the Rebirth, which is how I got on this line of thought.

        3) (Okay, I said two, but I've thought of another) Does anybody out there have anything else on Scorpionmen, in the way of culture or scenarioes?

Andrew E. Larsen