In a (Broo) Family Way

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:38:38 -0600

>From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
>Subject: Re: Bouncing Baby Broo

>I do not think CA's restrictions extend to chaos. What I am certain about
>is that
>CA could not do nothing as her inaction would bring harm to the host of the
>larva. Maybe CA is not allowed to harm chaotic beings but can allow them to be
>harmed. She can get it out of the host and then let the local Uroxi step
>on it.

        Actually, I think the vow is to not harm a sentient creature (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). That would apply to most chaotics as well, although not to things like skeletons or gorp. Overall, though, this provides a nice quandry for the healer in my game (who already feels she's stretched the rule by smashing a skeleton).

        Judging from other responses, the suggestion seems to be that the healer should cure it of chaos and then deliver it normally. Two problems with this: 1) What if the host is male> How does one deliver a man of a child (although I suppose Nandani know something about this). 2) Even with a female host, Broo larvae eat their way out of their host when they're ready to be born. This doesn't seem to be something associated with their chaotic nature but rather a basic element of their life cycle. So how do you deliver even a female host of a broo larva without killing the host? Caesarian section?

        It looks like my PCs might wind up having to go to a Deezolan, which should cause quite a problem for them, given how much they hate Lunars.

Andrew E. Larsen