Re: Gloranthan trading

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:31:47 -0800

Theo Posselt wondered

> * how much trade takes place between the continents? any?

What time period are we talking about? In the later part of the Imperial Age, lots.

These days, I suspect none that's economically significant -- though doing so would make individual merchants very, very wealthy.

> * what are the most mercantile cultures? the least?

The Jrusteli. (Oh, too bad they're all gone by the Third Age.) Perhaps the Trader Princes of Wenelia?

The least would have to be the "primitive" cultures, like the Votanki of Balazar, or the Sofali turtle folk -- hunter-gatherers generally don't do lots of trading.