Aeolians

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:51:43 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

> >How do [the Hendreiki and the Aeolians] see each other?

>According to Peter, they hate each others' guts:

This is solely Joerg's invention owning to his inability to conceive of a second-class social group other than medieval jewry, even after I had mentioned other parallels numerous times.

>Peter stated that the Aeolians would have to be the Most Hated group in
>Heortland because of crimes he says they would have committed during the
>Zistorite episode, in Locsil (Clanking City) and Lylket (near Karse).

Wrong. My opinion is their political influence was heavily circumscribed as punishment for their historical wrongdoings.

>Farmer caste is expected to participate in defence, and have some training
>for that - much unlike Seshnegi serfs, whose training is limited unless
>they are recruited as sergeants (men-at-arms).

Sergeants are not men-at-arms, sergeants are non-knighted cavalry. And there is a lot more to the Seshnegi farmer caste than just serfs.