Re: Crisis survival

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:39:25 +0000

James Turner:

> So what if Tales and LoM were produced by fans.
> They were sold, used in games and played by the Gloranthan community.
> Hence becomming GAG.

> I don't remember any heated debates on the digest saying they were
> outright wrong, lacking in MGF or not up to Greg's vision.

As far as freeforms are concerned, especially the authors are aware that some of the material has been written for freeform MGF use only and won't hold much water in "gritty Gloranthan reality".

(reconciling Elmal and Sun County)
> To not attempt to do the same with the RE ideas is just maddness.

I agree.

IMO some well-placed ambiguity in the publication will be able to solve the dispute by keeping the existing info a possible truth.

As for gauging GAG: if a lot of people use the info for their games, at least a wide-spread acceptance has been proven. I'm firmly opposed to retcons without a real conflict with the projected theme line.

Joerg