Re: PRAXPAK a desperately needed supplement for HeroWars.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:59:37 +0100 (BST)

Christoph Kohring:
> *** THE PETITION TO SAVE OUR BELOVED PRAX FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS !!! ***
>
> Send the following email to Greg Stafford & spread the message far & wide.
> Ask all of your players for instance, even those who aren't online, to send
> this:
>
> To: "Greg Stafford" <Greg_at_Glorantha.com>
>
> Subject: We want PRAXPAK ! Save our beloved Prax for future generations !

Ugh. Not sure where to start on this one. See Digests, ibid, on what a redundant a sucky idea Praxpak is. It's certainly not what _I_ paid my 300 squid to see. Honestly, Prax is coming out of our ears, compared to what we _don't_ know about the rest of the world. Prax is basically up it's own bum during the Hero Wars (see rest of history for details), and really, has already been covered in far more detail than many other, in my opinion more 'worthy' places will ever be. Hell's teeth, last I heard the _Orlanthi_ had been back-burnered, and you're worried about when we might see the Praxians? (mutter, mutter)

And secondly, spamming Greg with a 'petition' is really a rather unpleasant thing to do. Heaven knows, he seems to find the email he already gets with some actual content in it, without basically soliciting email harassment on a topic he's already pretty much at the eye-rolling stage on, last time I looked.

Cheers,
Alex.