Re: Aldryami

From: Kenrae <sergio.diaz_at_upcnet.es>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:25:34 +0200

> Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:59:08 +0200
> From: Master Gollum <MasterGollum_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Aldryami
>
> I need some information about elves:

Hi Master Gollum :-)

> 1) Aldryami forge metals?
> Yes: Where they forge metals? Elves built furnace?
> Not: How they make their weapons? Elves uses bronze swords.

I suppose elves forge metals magically. I don't imagine elves using fire. Copper is much used and it's very soft, so maybe it needn't be heatened very much, but bronze must. Maybe they have a hollow plant that _is_ a furnace.

> 2) How live elves? They built towns/cities in their woods?
> Yes: Their building are maked with death wood or living plants?
> They use other materials (stone,brick,adobe,straw)?
> Not: Where live elves? How is your social core?

I don't think they use other prime materials apart from plants. All their buildings must be in harmony with the woods, in fact, they have trees that act as buildings, so they only need them to grow (and this is very fast using their magic ;-) ).
And in doing so, they make the wood grow too. I've just read Elder Secrets, page 76 (our spanish version - Secretos Antiguos). Elves don't have buildings nor cities. They live in the forest as it is.

> 3) They build temples or have holy places as celtic nemeton?

Mmm, good question, I've never thought about it. Well, in the elf adventure in Elder Secrets they have A tree that is their main temple. So I supose they don't have neither temples nor holy places, they have trees! (well, trees can also be "buidings"). In fact, the tree isn't the temple, the "temple" is the clearing around it, so it's like a holy place.

> 4) How many Council of Elders are? One for any
> forest/country/continent?

Elder Secrets, page 77: there's a Council in each forest.

> Master Gollum

Sergi Díaz