Re: Hero Wars questions

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:11:28 EDT

Dan Buter:

<< 1. Apparently, the Red Moon is going to be destroyed? I think I saw this
on the list. I really don't like this, as I happen to like the Lunars. I can understand having them pushed out of Sartar and Dragon Pass, but why totally screw up the world to do it? If this really happens, it can limit the usefulness of further products to me, at least.>>

      Its not destroyed for a long time (though not quite as long as KoS would suggest, I gather), so for the time being no supplement will deal with this period of history. Its also unclear just what effect the destruction of the Moon has; clearly the Empire falls, but we also know that the religion survives in some form. On his website, Nick Brooke has some speculation about whether the Moon was actually destroyed at all or whether the truth is more complex.

     That said, I can certainly sympathise with your trepidation, and hope that the event is quite what its cracked up to be...

<< 2. What is the general outline of what will happen during the Hero Wars?
Just basics, so I'm not completely surprised.>>

     Lots of people kick each others bottoms, with lots of magic.

     Oh, you wanted more detail than that? The Glorantha Book provides sizeable clues as to who is going to be fighting who in each region of the world, so I won't repeat all of that. We also know from the RQ Genertela Book that there will be wars between the Waertagi (among others) and the Seshnelans and that a number of Arkats will return in Safelster.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky