Re: Hero Wars

From: Eric Rowe <wizard_at_wizards-attic.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:25:34 -0700

>Greg is well aware of the problems with the first printing of Hero
>Wars. Rest assured the layout errors weren't done on purpose...

As as been said before. Had time allowed they would have been fixed. I certainly hope a reprinting will address the editorial problems in HW.

>I attempted on many occasions to sway him about the biggest
>presentation problem (the small size of the books).

While this may be a problem for the core market who just are used to larger game books, it is very restrictive for every selling more and elsewhere. It also doesn't really affect sales in a negative way as some of the best sellers today are the smaller format books. They are also much less expensive to produce than traditional game books. Same content $5-15 more at least. For game store sales the boxed set addresses the issue of presentation. Honest, we talked to lots of retailers first about what they wanted.

Cheers,

Eric Rowe
wizard_at_wizards-attic.com
www.wizards-attic.com