Hero Wars

From: Edward G McDonald <EGM_at_Trinity-Group.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 18:05:32 +0100

I have to say that I heartily agree with what Rick Meints has said about the success of Hero Wars. In my opinion, the most important key to success will be the publication of a steady stream of well written and high quality supplements. I do realise that this will be difficult for a company as small as Issaries Inc. (Rick, did I read that right "SOLE employee?). We know that Anaxial's Roster, She Guards Us, Thunder Rebels and Sartar Rising are in the pipeline and that other people are working on other supplements.

To build on this and ensure the long term viability and commercial success of Hero Wars, Hero Wars will need others to "step up to the plate" and submit proposals to Issaries for other supplements. In the Digest we read that there are people who want to do a supplement on the Grazers, others who want to "revive" Prax, etc. Well, they should go to Issaries and make their pitch! The more people do this, the more will get written and published and, hopefully, the more successful the game will be.

At Convulsion this year there will be, I gather, a series of seminars on on writing for Hero Wars and on how to get published. This will hopefully encourage those with ideas and part written manuscripts to submit them.

All the best,

Edward

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #668