Re: Giant magic

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:40:12 EDT

Alex:

<< > Well, altering your size if a prime example of my point, if it's being used
> by someone(thing) of less than dragon sized... Zapping I dunno about --
> could you be a tad more specific? >>
>
> Belching fire is the obvious example.

 Pretty much also a part of 'being a dragon', no? >>

     No, not really, IMO. No more than throwing lightning bolts is part of 'being a Storm Voice'.

<< > You mean as in a 'newt's Dragon Magic, or the magic of an actual dragon of
> some sort? >>
>
> Both, although AR is intentionally vague about specifically what the
> true dragon can do with it.

 For good reason, perhaps... My understanding is that the term Dragon Magic describes at least primarily the practice of becoming/being a dragon. YDMV... >>         I'd define it simply as the type of magic that dragons use and which results from their worldview. Probably not different from your definition in practical end result, mind...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky