Re: Logicians

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:47:14 +0000

Trotsky replying to my (joking):

>> What, no postgraduate necromancy studies for Loskalmi wizards?

> I have to side with Peter on this one. Any Loskalmi wizard who
> tried to do that would be in just as much trouble as a Heortling
> storm voice who worshipped Shepelkirt on the quiet...

Sure. There are limits to what the church can "look the other way".

>> Seriously, I doubt that Loskalm on the edge of war will refrain >> from learning the spells offered by SCU.

> Sure, but not all the SCU spells are banned by the Church.

My impression too - and a good reason to allow Loskalmi wizards limited exposure to the university.

> If they feel they need evil magics (and as the problem with War
> gets worse, that will become increasingly likely) they'd probably
> take the easier route of hiring sorcerers who already know how to
> do it and just 'looking the other way'.

Why not watch a few steadfast wizards aquiring that knowledge for the church instead? Hired sorcerers cannot be trusted. Ok, semi-stray wizards of their own church cannot really, either, but they have more of a handle than independents.