Lodril and Balumbasta

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:18:25 -0700

Chris Lemens concluded:

>So, I think we are stuck with the Balumbasta and
>Lodril being different entities. Thsi does not mean
>that we have to disentangle them.

and he also said
>And do we have to decide?

I like this attitude and want to encourage it, at least for now. Hero Wars is planned to be a setting where your characters can help to decide these definitions. I visualize the game to include great heroes and demigods from various races and cultures pitting their entire reputation and magic on an extended contest of their opposed Knowledge of Own Mythology skills (augmented by umpty-um backup surprises, of course.)

An upcoming tactic to be revealed in a couple of supplements is that heroquesters can go to a story and impose their own god upon it to settle the questions like:
Who is really the Rebellus Terminus?
Is Lodril the same as Balumbasta?
Which Otherworld was the origin of the others? Which Sun is real?
and so on.

I like the Digest because it is where various philosophies and realities are being aired as tools for the upcoming Hero Wars. I am pretty confident that most of the ideas broached herein have some group in Glorantha that has proved it to be true (at least to themselves). I imagine the campaign to be an epic where your little Hero Group, armed with such knowledge, launches it into the cosmos (for better or worse).

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #538