Re: Malia

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:04:28 +0100

Christopher Kohring:

> On a more serious & on topic note, nowadays in HW-Glorantha
> (HQ-Glorantha!?!) is Malia a defiant entity? A great spirit for the Praxian'
> & a goddess for the Heortlings? What about Orlanthi further up north, do
> they also know her? Are there sorcerous diseases as well as divine ones in
> Glo' (according to AR: CotHW p.224 diseases seem to be only spiritual)?

Certainly, my impression when writing the book was that Malia was a great spirit, and nobody contradicted that at the time ;-) I dare say there are other ways of worshipping her (note the sorcerous entity 'The Plague Woman' mentioned in Tradetalk #10) but I think they're misapplied worship. IMO, anyway.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic