(unknown charset) Re: [glorantha] web site comments

From: (nil)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:39:14 +0900

Dear David:
Excuse me for slow reply, I was in tight schedule and didn't have time to read e-mails until today.

> I've updated my Umathela page slightly, not sure if this deserves mention
> on your <http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/GloPamaltelaView-e.htm>. It
> probably is worth mentioning that we managed to get some info about three
> Pamaltelan cultures into Men of the Sea.

Good Work....Yes, I want to revise it, if I have a time. :-(

> As for <http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/MalkioniCastes.htm>, I don't
> think any of the Malki churches can be said to have a religious center, i=
> that they're all too small and scattered.

Thank you for your information. Then Patriarch of Nikosdros is not a religious position, on contrary of my image of Jewish Patriarchs?

> If the information in Tradetalk is correct, there is also a Handran Churc=
> (Handra surrounded by the New Fens).
> --

I think Slontan Churches have loose network of unity, (even if Handrans have influence from its Ralian (stygian?) root.) And it is called One of Seven Churches. (Though it derived from RW England parallel, as Peter Metcalph answered in Glorantha Digest) if we are on the reference of Tradetalk #11 article.

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd9/2003.02/1560.html

<<Me:
>Though I don't know who added the short sentence in the text..... (Ken,
>Marc or Peter....?) In TT #10, Seven Slontan Churches rule Manirian
>Coast.....Where are they except Kaxtorplose and "Bath and Wells"?

Peter:
It's the Seven Bishops and it's a pun. In the real world, the Seven Bishops were opponents of James II in a court case that led to his downfall. One of the Seven Bishops was the Bishop of Bath and Wells (in southwestern England). Bath in glorantha is a tiny place just west of the Holy Country and Nick suggested that a place named wells was nearby. As for the location of the other five bishoprics, one is in Handra while the other four are either in Trader Prince territory or simply vacant. >>

Sincerely:
Terra Incognita

P.S About Silver Coinage in Glorantha, see also the last chapter of Gerald Bosch's note.

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/QAtrade.htm <<The smaller silver coin is called a Guilder and is worth ten Clacks. One face usually depicts some local ranking nobleman from the area and time the coin was minted. The other face usually depicts the sign of the local Silversmith's Guild from where the coin was minted. The Etyries variant is called a Lunar. The free face depicts the Goddess's victory at the First Battle of Chaos. The Western variant is called a Penny. The free face usually has the device of the political authority who had it struck.

The larger silver coin is called a Storm and is worth one hundred Clacks. This coin bears the Issaries Rune on one face and the Storm Rune on the other. Non-Lightbringers will rarely handle this coin without defacing at least one side. The Etyries version is called a Daughter because the free face usually depicts one of the Daughters of the Red Goddess. The Western variant is called a Sovereign because it usually depicts the local sovereign noble. >>

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 51