Re: Humakt in NW Glorantha

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:25:58 -0500

On 23 Mar 2005 at 12:00, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> The Carmanians did not adopt the name Humakt, they took it
> with them when they left Loskalm. In Dara Happa, Death is
> called Terminatus in formal usage but informally everybody
> knows he is Humakt.

How does that work? I mean, do they think of him as bad or ill? Why is he never mentioned? And how did Humakt skip over Dara Happa and then show up in Loksalm? Is that a God Learnerism? (And if it is, why did the Carmanians adopt it?)

> > Hence in my opinion, Humakt was in Fronela during the Storm
> > Age. There is ample precedent for this - Vadrus was powerful
> > in Fronela during that time and Humakt is associated with the
> > North Wind.

So some of the people we see in Dragon Pass Orlanthi myths actually were common in
Fronela. How did they cross pollinate? Since (from what I remember) the God Learners
never got into Dara Happa to muck about with their myths, is this all from old first
Council cross pollination?

LC