(unknown charset) Don't be so afraid

From: µäv`x
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:04:52 -0600 (CST)

Dear Gloranthaphiles,

I just want to send a reassurance to this list that some rumors being flung about so carelessly (and harmfully to Issaries reputation) simply are not true.

=46or instance

> Fred Schiff wrote:

asked

>>  Saw this on ebay:
>>  Glorantha Western Mythic Maps RuneQuest HeroQuest RARE
>>
>>=20
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D5175875746&fromMakeTr=
ack=3Dtrue

The reply

> A very rare fund-raiser for the Gloranthan ScotsCon held in Edinburgh in
> the autumn of 2003. The volume contains a series of gorgeous full-colour
> painted maps by Claire Steyert, printed on high-quality glossy paper --
> you can find the graphics online here:

was true.

The follow up

> (I fear it's the kind of thing nobody will make any more, now that the

is in fact a fear, but totaly unfounded.

=46irst of all, this was done with permission of Issaries, or would not have been done at all. So certainly further such unique and wonderful projects can be done.

But as far as
> Fan Publication Policy allows Issaries to veto or steal any publisher's
> work at the last minute...)

Issaries Fan Policy does not allow us to steal anyone's work. While we can certainly veto material that is inappropriate, etc., we have generally supported these kinds of special items to help fund conventions, and plan to do so for the future.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc., publisher of HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527
See our site at <www.HeroQuest-rpg.com>.