Imperial magic colleges

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:08:39 +0300 (EEST)

How many men do you people think there are a unit of Lunar magicians?

A unit of infantry (regiment, is it?) is about a thousand men, cavalry is either five hundread or a full thousand.

What about the spellcasters? Does a mage equal 10, 25, 50 men?

If we take the figure of 25 then a unit of magicians would have fourty men. These are just the actual magicians, of course. They'll need their assistants and their bodyguards.

Does somebody have "offiscial" numbers for this? I'd also like to know what sorts of troops the body-guards are and how quickly do the magicians move when they have to. Are any of the magicians mounted (I don't mean they would cast their spells from horseback, but that would mean they can relocate quickly when they have to).

        -Adept: reding De Bellis Fantasticus