RE: God Learner Magic Mixing

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:01:28 +0100

Peter:
> I'm even more convinced. The chief difference is that the
> Trickster does what he must whereas the God Learner
> has choice in his transformations. The cost of the God
> Learner's control over his transformations is that he cannot
> change magics as quickly or easily as an unbonded
> Trickster.

And what does that tell us about the ritual whereby one bonds a Trickster? ST p68:
"The powers that a bonded Trickster has are constrained. Natural powers remain, but they are as restricted as the trickster by the Bond. Significantly, accepting the Bond makes the trickster's powers all act exactly as if they are feats."

Anyone who bonds a Trickster will be betrayed by that Trickster at the worst possible moment. Anyone who knows the GL Secret gets destroyed by the Gift Carriers. Just what does that title "Gift Carriers" mean, anyway? "Beware of Greeks..."?

I'm not at sure how this works, but I'm more and more convinced that there's a link.

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 191