RE: Moon Magic Madness

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:13:25 +0100

>I think I can live with being consistent to Glorantha-as-she-is-spoke,
>even at the price of being out of touch with a day-old "source".

Nice retort, I deserved that.

In my defence, I wasn't just talking about the "shimmering curtain" reference in WBRM, but more generally that the whole magic multiplier business. Hero Wars shouldn't be constrained to implimenting the same game mechanic as WBRM. We now know Glorantha to be different to the way we thought it was 25 years ago.

In order to reconcile these different ways that the Glowline has been perceived, IMG the glowline will be a gradual transition most of the time, but during sacred time it appears to be a shimmering curtain that you can step through and feel a sudden transition. If you look at the moon while doing this, you will go mad, or be enlightened, which many say is the same thing. YG, as ever, MV.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.