Re: A belated Hero-Wars shared sub-cult question

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:50:34 -0700

Bryan asked

> We know what initiates in their stand alone cult get: all the skills,
> virtues, and affinities listed.
>
> We know that worshippers who come to them as a sub-cult of a great
> god only get one of the affinities. But do they get any of the
> skills and virtues?

I think in most cases characters don't "get" all the virtues of *any* of their (sub)cults. These are all character traits to strive for, and I don't think you get to write them all down at 17.

I do think that if you join a subcult, you are *expected* to follow all the virtues. But you know, not everyone is virtuous. It's pretty easy to imagine a Redalda worshipper who is reckless (even if a cult virtue is Prudent).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein