Re: Talking about my clan g-g-g-generation...

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:57:19 -0500

Alex Ferguson asks:

>I like 'em! Now, this is the nuts and bolts game mechanics list, so
>what about the answers, and the effects of each? ;-) (Hey, it's
>Sunday, hence I'm feeling even lazier than usual...)

        Well, without the "base rules," I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Frankly, I'm not screwing around with the clan generator to get my terms correct, either, but here it goes....

>> 1. What was your clan's attitude toward Tarsh?

They Are Allies -- Pro-trade, Anti-Lunar They Are Orlanthi -- Conservative
They Are Weird, with All That Shaker Stuff -- For people who chose the Grandmothers as their enemies?

>> 2. Did your clan support or oppose Sartar? His family?

Sartar Good, Family Good -- Innovative, Peaceful, Pro-Sartar, trade bonus Sartar Good, Family OK -- Peaceful, Pro-Sartar, trade bonus Sartar Bad, Family Bad -- Conservative, anti-Sartar

        Got me.

>> 3. Did you lose a lot of warriors at Grizzly peak?

        I suppose this should really be "Did you support Tarkalor at Grizzly Peak with warriors?"

Lots -- reduce the fyrd and weapon thanes by 1/3
Some -- reduce the fyrd by 10%, reduce weaponthanes by 1
A few -- reduce weaponthanes by 1

No -- no effect

        Maybe this should also affect your threat rating and pro-/anti-  ratings. Maybe a pro-/anti- Sartar rating would be good, too. Effects on fyrd and weaponthanes are actual losses (it's only been 10 years, right?) plus loss of teachers, etc.

>> 4. How did your clan react to the Elmal/Yelmalio thing?

Supported Elmal; Treated His People Well -- Elmal becomes a worshipped deity; add a weaponthan or two.
Drove the Elmali Out -- lose a weaponthan or two Let Events Go According to Fate -- No change.

        If there's a way to track relations with the Sun Dome Temple, this would effect it. Threat ratings might also change.

>> 5. How did you feel about the Kitori and/or Tarkalor?

Damn Troll-Lovers -- Get Uz as an enemy; pro-Sartar Supported the Kitori -- Get Uz as an ally (or lose them as an enemy); andti-Sartar

>> 6. Did you send warriors to the Pol Joni?

Yes -- Praxians as enemy
No -- no change

        I don't know, chage threat rating? Get more trade?

>> 7. Has your clan prospered via the cities Sartar built and the changes they
>> brought?

Yes -- Increase trade, pro-Sartar
No -- Increase warriors, anti-Sartar

>> 8. How does your clan feel about the Red Moon as long as it is a (fairly)
>> comfortable distance away? There must be missionaries and traders; do you
>> welcome them, kill them, or what?

We Welcome Everyone -- Peaceful, trade bonus, threat change We Find the Lunars Interesting -- trade bonus, Innovative, pro-Lunar Kill the Bastards! -- Conservative, threat change? Anti-Lunar Chaos! Damn Chaos! -- Anti-Lunar, threat change, Urox as worshipped god

        I don't know. It's kind of a mess, isn't it? Well, if you like it, or have better ideas, be my guest.

Peter Larsen