Re: Re: Using Two Weapons? (again)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:07:46 -0700

> > I agreed to allow the player of a Humakt devotee to select Dual
> > Sword Combat as his main Close Combat subskill ... I would love
> > some semi-official or official feedback on how this skill should
> > be handled.
>
> My own (utterly unofficial) feedback is that this looks like *way*
> too much overhead to handle what is, after all, essentially, a piece
> of chrome. "Hero Wars" is not trying to be a simulation game, and its
> resolution system, when used for combat, can represent more exciting
> and entertaining possibilities than the attack - parry - dodge mantra
> of RuneQuest. Would you add a similar overhead to someone who fought
> by juggling with improvised weapons? Hope not!

I agree with Nick and Peter - two-weapon Close Combat is simply another flavor of Close Combat, with no special rules or additions necessary. I like Peter's suggestion of additional two-weapon feats, there's *got* be a subcult of Musashi somewhere in the Humakt cult (Just in case someone on the list *doesn't get the reference, Miyamoto Musashi basicall "invented" the Japanese two-sword technique. Considering his purported abilities, I'd suggest that he is an example of Close Combat 10w4)

The difference between two-sword and sword & shield techniques should be evident in the descriptions the players use during the game, not in the minutiae of rules:

RR